Zounds! This is an oh-so-bad-it’s-gotta-be-good appetizer of perfection for events of any kind.
- 1 pkg (14 oz) Lit’l Smokies (e.g., Hillshire Farms)
- 1 lb bacon, regular thickness, cut into thirds
- 1 c Hacienda Maize Fire-Roasted Chile Jammin’ Jelly
- Line a cookie sheet with foil; spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wrap each sausage in a third slice of bacon, stretching to overlap ends.
- Lay each piece seam-side down on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle Jammin’ Jelly over each (see gallery photos for example).
- (Note: can do pineapple or banana chunks similarly.)
- Bake at 400F until bacon starts crisping, approximately 20 minutes.
- Drizzle on more Jammin’ Jelly and bake another 5 minutes or so, to desired doneness. (Can broil to caramelize).
- Makes about 40 pieces. Be prepared to make more.
! Savor !
Inspired by Cap’n Mike (Michael Maize), Houston TX, co-founder of The Derby Brothers