~ With amazing, award-winning fire-roasted-chile hot pepper jelly from Hacienda Maize ~
- 20 fresh jalapeños
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 8 strips applewood bacon, diced
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c. gouda cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 TBSP Pork Seasoning (find at a spice shop, BBQ retailer or local butcher)
- Hacienda Maize Fire-Roasted Chile Jammin Jelly for accompaniment
- Heat a large saute pan.
- While pan is heating, mix the ground pork, diced bacon and pork seasoning.
- Cook until fully cooked; adjust seasoning as needed.
- Cool the pork mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded cheeses and softened cream cheese and mix well.
- Using a corer, remove the core and seeds from each jalapeño.
- Make small balls of the filling and stuff each jalapeño until full.
- Grill jalapeños on high heat until peppers become soft and the cheese starts to brown.
- Serve with Jammin’ Jelly for a sweet-heat finish.
Rocket recipe courtesy of Chef Jason K Morse