~ Cream Puffs Supreme with Jammin’ ChocolateTruffles and amazing, award-winning fire-roasted-chile hot pepper jelly from Hacienda Maize ~
A mouthful of pure bliss! Talk about a delightful “surprise inside”…great for any party: superb with champagne! This is easy, spirited elegance.
- 30 frozen mini cream puffs
- 1/2 recipe Hacienda Jammin’ Chocolate Truffles (roll chilled filling in high-quality cocoa — no chocolate coating necessary; sized no bigger than your thumbnail, and warmed to room temperature)
- 1/4 c. Hacienda Maize Jammin’ Jelly (your favorite variety– either of our savory jalapeño jellies, or the Mira Sol Pueblo chile variety with lime and cilantro)
- Slice the cream puffs while still frozen, using a serrated knife. Remove and save 1/3 of the cream puff for the top.
- Warm cream puffs to room temperature, approximately 30 minutes.
- Make a small indentation in each cream puff base.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of Jammin’ Jelly to the bottom halves.
- Press truffle lightly into the cream puff base and cover each with a cream puff top.
- Serve now or chill for later. Best served at room temperature.
- Garnish with sifted cocoa and/or powdered sugar on top.
- ! Savor !