You won’t believe how fire-roasted-chile Jammin’ Jelly complements ham! Here are a few ideas to get you going…
- Bring ham to room temperature.
- Trim fat to your liking.
- Spray roasting rack and pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ½ cup water or chicken broth to the bottom of the roaster pan to prevent drippings from scorching.
- Score ham through the rind with a sharp knife (diamond pattern: ¼” deep every 2”).
- Place in rack, cut side down.
- Roast according to package directions.
- One hour before fully roasted, start glazing with Jammin’ Jelly and a pastry brush; glaze every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let rest a minimum of 15 minutes before carving.
- Reserve the ham bone for stock or soup.
- If working with ham steak, heat in skillet, turn, add Jammin’ Jelly and caramelize both sides of ham steak stirring/turning frequently for a few minutes.
- Hacienda Ham au jus ( a take on red-eye gravy): deglaze pan with black coffee. Remove fat as desired. Add more Jammin’ Jelly to taste.
- Try this ham on John’s Whirly Bread!
! Savor !