- Great bacon, regular slice
- Fresh chicken breasts
- Hacienda Maize Fire-Roasted Chile Jammin’ Jelly
- Vegetables, fruits, etc.
- Skewers (if wooden, soak in water for 1 hour before cooking)
- Heat oven to 350F for bacon
- Cook bacon in oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Coat bacon in Jammin’ Jelly, both sides, and let cool
- Prepare your cooking surface for the skewers: grill, grill pan on stove, or broiler pan — oil-up and heat
- Cube uncooked chicken into 1″ pieces (the width of your thumbnail)
- Roll chicken pieces into bacon strips
- Skewer chicken/bacon cubes with your preferred accompaniments (peppers [blanched], pineapple, potato [par-boiled]…)
- Glaze skewers with Jammin’ Jelly
- Cook, flipping once and re-glazing, to 165F
- Apply a final glaze upon serving, and garnish
Courtesy of Chef Brandon Durio
! Savor !