~ With amazing, award-winning fire-roasted-chile hot pepper jelly from Hacienda Maize ~
Such an easy, fun and delicious meal. The skewers can be cooked indoors or out, and offer tastes of lands afar.
The chicken marinade includes yogurt, which coats the chicken, keeps it tender and delivers all the flavors of the marinade.
- 1 c plain yogurt
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBSP curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Vegetable oil for grilling
- Garnishes/accompaniments: fresh lime, cilantro, cucumber, scallions, red onion, pineapple, butter lettuce leaves (be thinking lettuce wraps as a possibility)
- Combine the yogurt, ginger, garlic, and curry powder in a shallow mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place the chicken strips in the yogurt marinade and gently toss until well-coated.
- Cover and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the soaked skewers, working the skewer in and out of the meat, down the middle of the piece, so that it stays in place during grilling.
- Prepare your grill or grill pan: brush with oil and heat to medium heat.
- Grill the satays for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until nicely seared and cooked through.
- Serve the satays on a platter lined with lettuce leaves and garnished with cilantro and your accompaniments.
From Tyler Florence, Food Network
Here’s where we come in: Thai Peanut Sauce
Take the best of Colorado chiles, Jammin’ Jellies with complex flavors of the world, add peanut butter and…voilá, a Thai-like Peanut Sauce to accompany veggies, fruits, meats and seafood, noodles…
- 1 c Hacienda Maize™ Fire-Roasted Chile Jammin’ Jelly™
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. coconut milk, water or chicken bouillon
- Juice of two limes
- Fresh scallions, cilantro and lime for garnish
- Melt Jammin’ Jelly and peanut butter in saucepan. Thin to desired consistency with coconut milk, water or bouillon.
- Add lime juice to finish, and top in serving dish with scallions (sliced diagonally) and chopped cilantro.
- Stir sauce into stir-fried vegetables and fruits, noodles, meats/seafood or serve alongside grilled skewers and a fresh vegetable/fruit plate.
! Savor !