~ Candied nuts with amazing, award-winning fire-roasted-chile hot pepper jelly from Hacienda Maize ~
Winner! Third place in snacks at the 2015 World Hot Sauce Awards!
- 1 lb. pecan halves (or other nuts of your liking)
- 1/2 c. Hacienda Maize Jammin’ Jelly (variety of your liking)*
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Parchment paper
- Bring ingredients to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir Jammin’ Jelly to a smooth consistency.
- Whisk the egg white to a nice froth.
- Combine Jammin’ Jelly and egg froth.
- Combine with pecans. Stir gently and well.
- Spread nuts evenly over lined baking sheet; drizzle with any remaining coating.
- Roast nuts at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- The nuts will still be sticky. Separate nuts as they cool.
If using Diablo, add 1+ tsp of espresso powder to the coating mixture.
Once nuts are cooled, dip half of each into warmed chocolate. Let cool in a single layer on waxed paper.
- ! Savor !